By Daniel L. Newman
The Arabic-English Thematic Lexicon is a useful source for all newcomers of Arabic.
It includes a few 8,000 entries, prepared into topics, together with natural world, food and drinks, the human physique, overall healthiness care, the relatives, housing, garments, schooling, IT, activities, politics, economics and trade, the legislations, media, language, geography, shuttle, faith, arts, technology, and ordinary assets. 3 appendices conceal the names of Arab and chosen non-Arab areas, nations and capitals, and overseas organizations.
The entries within the Lexicon were drawn from an intensive corpus of up to date ordinary Arabic vocabulary, according to actual resources. as well as verbs, nouns and adjectives, the Lexicon comprises words and frequent collocations, offering clients with the mandatory vocabulary that allows you to speak successfully and optimistically in either written and spoken commonplace Arabic.
The Lexicon presents an necessary supplement to Arabic grammar guide and likewise serves as an invaluable reference advisor for all Arabic language clients.
Read Online or Download Arabic-English Thematic Lexicon PDF
Best linguistics books
The TOEFL Monograph sequence positive aspects commissioned papers and studies for TOEFL 2000 and different attempt of English as a overseas Language application improvement efforts. As a part of the basis for the TOEFL 2000 undertaking, a couple of papers and experiences have been commissioned from specialists in the fields of size and language instructing and trying out.
This e-book is a contribution to the research of the linguistic suggestion of gender. It specializes in the matter of assigning gender to animal nouns. This challenge is topical in view of the truth that in present-day English, gender is a marginal grammatical class and accordingly recedes into the historical past in descriptions of today’s English.
- "To Teach" in Ancient Israel: A Cognitive Linguistic Study of a Biblical Hebrew Lexical Set
- Notions élémentaires de grammaire basque dialecte labourdin.
- Anglo-Saxon Rune Lore: A Brief Guide to the Anglo-Saxon Runes
- Historical Linguistics: Toward a Twenty-First Century Reintegration
Additional resources for Arabic-English Thematic Lexicon
2. segment (orange) 24 FOOD AND DRINK ﻄَﺮ َ ( َﻓu) to have breakfast ﻄﻮر ُ ُﻓ breakfast ِﻓْﻨﺠﺎن ُ ﺟﻴ ِ َﻓﻨﺎ pl. ﻦ َﻓ َّﻮال (ﺳْﻔﺮة ُ ) ﻓﻮﻃﺔ َ ُﻓ pl. ﻮط cup beanseller ِﻗ ِّﻨﻴﻨﺔ ٍ َﻗﻨﺎ pl. ن 2. g. in vinegar) mould َﻛْﺒﺸﺔ 1. scoop 2. spatula َﻗَﺪح cup, beaker pot َﻗِﺪﻳﺪ jerked meat ( َﻗَﺮَمi) to nibble chopping block ﺸَﺪ َ ( َﻗu) to skim (cream) ﺸﺪة ْ ِﻗ cream ﺨُﻔﻮﻗﺔ ْ ﺸﺪة َﻣ ْ ِﻗ whipped cream َّ َﻗ ﺸَﺮ to peel ﺨْﺒﺰ ُ ﺸﺮة اﻟ ْ ِﻗ bread crust ﺐ َ ﺼ َ ( َﻗi) pl.
Pl. ﻮط cup beanseller ِﻗ ِّﻨﻴﻨﺔ ٍ َﻗﻨﺎ pl. ن 2. g. in vinegar) mould َﻛْﺒﺸﺔ 1. scoop 2. spatula َﻗَﺪح cup, beaker pot َﻗِﺪﻳﺪ jerked meat ( َﻗَﺮَمi) to nibble chopping block ﺸَﺪ َ ( َﻗu) to skim (cream) ﺸﺪة ْ ِﻗ cream ﺨُﻔﻮﻗﺔ ْ ﺸﺪة َﻣ ْ ِﻗ whipped cream َّ َﻗ ﺸَﺮ to peel ﺨْﺒﺰ ُ ﺸﺮة اﻟ ْ ِﻗ bread crust ﺐ َ ﺼ َ ( َﻗi) pl. ات-, ﻛﺆوس, ﻛﺌﺎس ِ menu to be savoury (food) ُﻗْﺮﻣﺔ َ ُﻗ pl. ﺮم 1. ﬂask to pour out/away (liquid) َ ( َﻗِﺪi) ( َﻗﺪاu)/ى ِﻗْﺪر ُ ُﻗ pl.
Colic medical preparation ي ّ َﻣْﻐﺺ ُﻛَﻠِﻮ renal colic ﺼﻮم ُ َﻣْﻔ schizophrenic ﻲ ّ ﻀﺮ َدواﺋ َ ﺤ ْ ﺴَﺘ ْ ُﻣ pl. اتﻰ ً ﺸﻔ ْ ﺴَﺘ ْ ُﻣ ْ ﺴَﺘ ْ ُﻣ pl. ﺸِﻔﻴﺎت hospital ﺸﻔﻰ اﻷْﻣﺮاض ْ ﺴَﺘ ْ ُﻣ اﻟَﻌْﻘِﻠَّﻴﺔ mental hospital ﺴَﺘِﻌﺪّ ِل ْ ُﻣ prone to, predisposed to ﺴِّﻜﻦ َ ُﻣ pl. اتﺴّﻢ َ ُﻣ ﺴِّﻬﻞ َ ُﻣ pl. ات- sedative, analgesic poisonous, toxic laxative, purgative ﻲ ّ َﻣْﻔُﻌﻮل ﺟﺎِﻧِﺒ pl. ﻋﻴﻞُ ﺟﺎِﻧِﺒّﻴﺔ ِ َﻣﻔﺎ side effect ِﻣَﻘﺺّ اﻷﻇﺎِﻓﺮ nail clippers ُﻣَﻘﱟﻮ tonic, restorative ُ pl.